Please send a proposal that includes the following:
1. Title Page with contact information.
2. Overview: Describe your book in two or three paragraphs. (200 words or less) Think of this as the back-cover blurb, a publisher’s catalog annotation, or a brief review.
3. Target Audience: Who are the likely purchasers of this book? What are the best ways to reach them? (500 words or less)
4. Competitive Titles: List and summarize at least five competitive titles and explain why yours is different from each. State the author, publisher, and date of publication. In this section, you should explain why readers would find your book compelling and why there is an interest in your subject.
5. Current Appeal: Why is your subject important today? Why should this book be written? (500 words or less)
6. Sample Chapters: Include the first three chapters. We realize that as you write the book, changes will be made; but providing these chapters will give us a feel for the tone of your book and a sense of your writing style.
7. Chapter Summaries: Provide a chapter summary for each chapter. (One or two paragraphs per chapter.) While these may change, a list of chapters and their summaries shows that your ideas are organized.
8. Synopsis: Write a synopsis that tells the complete story, including the ending. (500 words or less)
9. About the Author: Include your bio (200 words or less) and your credentials and experience. You may also include your resume. Tell us why you are the best person to write this book. What do you wish to gain by having this book published?
10. Marketing and Promotion: How will you actively promote the book? Where should publicity be focused? List periodicals that would provide book reviews. Name two or three people who would be willing to endorse the book. Other than bookstores, what other types of venues would be interested in having you speak or give a presentation? Do you have a website, blog, Facebook page, Twitter Page, Amazon Author Page, etc? Do you maintain a mailing list?
Submit your proposal as an attachment to: firstname.lastname@example.org.