9. We learn things you humans won't share with us (like how to get the lid off that jar of peanut butter.)
8. If it's a bad book, we have no qualms about shredding it to pieces.
7.Our favorite books are easier to bury and less smelly than a bone.
6. Fiber (see reason #8.)
5. Humans are simply baffled by us reading. Silly humans.
4. It's very satisfying to 'dig' into a new book.
3. No batteries required.
2. It's so easy for us to sniff out a great book.
And the Number One Reason Dogs Read:
1. It's a calmer means of coercing humans into giving us treats, cookies and bones!