10. Reading books proves that dogs are smarter than cats...as if you didn't already know!
9. We learn things you humans won't share with us (like how to get the lid off that jar of peanut butter.)
8. If it's a bad book, we have no qualms about shredding it to pieces.
7.Our favorite books are easier to bury and less smelly than a bone.
6. Fiber (see reason #8.)
5. Humans are simply baffled by us reading. Silly humans.
4. It's very satisfying to 'dig' into a new book.
3. No batteries required.
2. It's so easy for us to sniff out a great book.
And the Number One Reason Dogs Read:
1. It's a calmer means of coercing humans into giving us treats, cookies and bones!